Friday, October 12

7 Months



at the park

Man, that was a fast month. Here's a quick rundown of Leopleurodon's development

Gross Motor: Sits unsupported! Still not crawling, but he's a world-class turner and scoocher. He can rotate in a complete circle and can travel several inches very slowly in hot pursuit of a just barely out of reach toy. He also knows that he can push off with his feet to cross greater distances, but only off of the couch or parent hands--can't quite get the foot coordination to get his toes against the floor. And can now flip from belly to back, whoot! 


Sitting all by himself! (...don't judge me, the fitted sheet is too small ;)

Also, within the last few days he has reached a new milestone of arm waving. He now pats/bangs with gusto anything with in his arm's reach--his body, the table, my face. He actually uses his rattles to make noise now, not just to gnaw on.


 Fine Motor: Leo two months ahead of schedule is an ace at the pincer grasp--however he hasn't master the release. He can't seem to let go. Hand dominance is still ambiguous, but I still think he is more coordinated with his right. 

Cognitive: Object Permanence is here with a vengeance. Leo flinches and giggles the first time he sees the tickle monster hand, even if its been several days since we played the game. When he's naked and I say bathtime, he smiles and whole-body lunges towards the bathroom. And although I'm not completely sure, I'd bet money he responds to his name. 


Social: Oh my heck, melt my little heart--Leo giggles when we laugh--meaning he laughs back, even when we're not doing anything funny or even looking at him. He also loves to play games: peek-a-boo, drop the blanket on my head (which is exactly what it sounds like), and a new favorite, let me slap your hand, wherein Leo will bang his hand against your outstretched hand to make a clapping noise.  Also, stranger anxiety has also emerged. He's fickle about who he likes-- animated women are still usually cool, especially if they sound ridiculous.  Reserved, friendly waving apparently looks like you're a demon from Hades because Leo will respond by crying real tears, and won't stop trying to climb into my face for at least ten minutes. 

Also, Leo loves his daddy. Good gracious, it's like heaven's light beaming from his face



...more on this later
chewing






Food: Leo can put it away. He really likes to eat. His favorite food is mashed sweet potatoes, but he is also a fan of peaches, peas, oatmeal, rice puffs, and dehydrated banana/ apple chunks. He's sort of meh about applesauce unless its the sweetened kind, or I've mixed in cinnammon. Mashed banana gives him a sort of uncomfortable look but he'll eat it. Avocados and green beans are refused. He's also a good little gummer (proto-chewing if you will) but has a hard time navigating chunks around his mouth and often pushes the rice O's out of his mouth. 


      

2 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, so I've a really great night, but this somehow made it better. He is so darn cute. Oh, I miss him so much. I hope he warms up to me quick when I see him in December. Ah, overcome with baby cuteness. Love!

    ReplyDelete
  2. He is so CUUUUUUTE!!! How is it humanly possible for him to keep getting cuter?! I think he looks more like Adam than usual in that sitting up picture. I wanna kiss his little cheeks. Can't wait for our babies to play together at the beach!!!!

    ReplyDelete