Monday, November 26

Gratitude

Hey Friends, sorry its been slow on the dinobaby updates lately. You know, Holidays.

I just wanted to take a moment to acknowledge how extremely blessed I am. I am so grateful to my husband who is my best friend and an unbelievably good spouse. And who makes the money. Although not important to how much I love him, it is fundamental to my life at the moment that he makes money so I can stay home with my baby. No worrying about childcare and dinobaby's wellbeing, and getting to be there with him to watch him grow and just be so gosh darn adorable and a million other reasons. It's awesome. Thank you for being patient and forgiving. And seriously, thank you for not being boring--thanks for seeing all of the little intriguing details in this life. Thank you Adam.

My parents are fantastic. My dad has given me great, big, tight hugs nearly every day of my childhood, and is always willing to offering one to me via phone call or email since I've left home. This is extremely important to me, and I credit my dad that I'm more or less a confident and functionally self-assured adult because ever since I can remember my father has treated me like a competent individual with an opinion that mattered.  My mother is the most genuinely concerned person I have ever seen. She has cradled me in a million and one ways. I have never doubted that I am wanted and loved. And like my husband, although not a factor in my love, my parents have also been a sea wall in my financial life. Sometimes I think I'd be okay without their temporal support, and then disaster hits and I'm so fantastically grateful that they're always willing to help me weather the storm. Thank you Mom and Dad.

My other parents are also pretty much fantastic. They're worth a million dollars because they let me sleep in when I come to visit. I really cannot express how much I appreciate it. I appreciate the open-door invitations and home-cooked meals I don't have to prepare. I'm grateful for the no-fuss acceptance I have in their family. Thank you Melissa and Neal (or Mom and Dad or Gram and Pops or whatever I call you...'cause I'm awkward like that) and thank you for your zen-like calm and benevolent honesty both are infectious and reassuring.

My baby. Thanks for snuggling. For putting your head on my shoulder when you're scared or tired. Thanks being happy all the time. Thanks for being so bright-eyed and alert, and for giggling when I enter the room after I've been gone. Thanks for being a big, chubby, healthy baby. I'm so grateful for you.

Thank you Lord for my degree. It was a miraculously good capstone paper. Thank you for keeping us all healthy-- I know that there are many days that accidents could've happened and didn't. I don't know that that was because of Your blessing, but I don't know that it wasn't. Thank you all the same. Thank you for the right people in the right places. Thank you for being generous with the do-overs, I really mean that I'm not trying to be flippant. And thank you for this gorgeous place you've brought us to.

Happy Thanksgiving!








No comments:

Post a Comment