Tuesday, September 25

Happy Birthday Grandpa

It's my father-in-law's birthday, and like yours truly, really, really likes chocolate.

So I made him some truffles. They were significantly easier although much messier to make than I thought.

I just made normal ganache with Gharadelli 60% chocolate chips and whipping cream.

These had cashew centers


I dipped most of them in semi-sweet chocolate.




 I salted a few. These were delicious but I definitely have a weakness for salty sweets. I also think the crystals look rather pretty.








A few truffles were mixed with peanut butter before the ganache cooled, and these I rolled in cocoa powder. Although this is the traditional route, the end result is pretty dark. However, I must say that in the future I'd use higher quality semi-sweet chocolate for dipping. And for that reason the texture of the cocoa-rolled ones was better. At least I thought so.


Happy Birthday Grandpa Neal!

What's your favorite truffle filling/flavor? Do you like salty sweets too?



2 comments:

  1. You can't go wrong with choc/peanut butter. I made some fudge truffles once and rolled them in almonds, mini choc chips, or coconut. Yum! Too bad I wasn't there to sample yours.

    ReplyDelete