Tuesday, April 27

Day 2: War of the Worlds and Dishes

Ms. Gillies recommended putting a radio in the kitchen so that you can "listen to an interesting program" while cleaning the dishes and  having cleaned out my refrigerator and needing to clean almost every piece of tupperware I owned, I went on a search for old radio shows. I found all of the original reels from the late 30's for Mecury Theater on the Air, so I listened to the original War of the Worlds broadcast-  all 1 hour and 9 minutes of excellent radio theater.  So cool.

However after the entire US military was defeated by heat rays and the martians had died of bacteria,  my sink disposal smelled awful. So here was my cheap fix.

How to Obliterate Bad Sink Smells
Items Needed:
1/8 c. Dish Soap
Hot Water
1 citrus fruit

1. Fill Sink with hottest water your faucet makes, adding dish soap.
2. Keep hot water flowing as you unstop the sink and run garbage disposal.
3. Drop pieces of citrus peel into garbage disposal 
4. Breath deeply.

Cost total: $0.45

0.12 for 1 oz. of dish soap
0.33 for grapefruit

1 comment:

  1. So did you really listen to War of the Worlds? By the way I love the new look of the website, and your picture of the old radio.

    ReplyDelete